- With its more than 100 000 inhabitants, Olomouc is the 6th largest city in the Czech Republic and centre of the fertile Haná region.
- Olomouc is the 2nd largest (after Prague) National Historic Reserve in the Czech Republic.
- It is now the seat of the ancient Palacky University (originally founded in 1573), the Archdiocese, the Moravian Philharmonic Orchestra, as well as interesting museums and theatres, but also many cafés, pubs and clubs.
- In Olomouc you can find lots of relaxing facilities in the city's vast parks, large ZOO, modern aqua park, the swimming arena or the nature reserve "Litovelské Pomoraví".
City, CountryOlomouc, Czech Republic
Methods of getting from the airport(s)/train-station to the City Centre/HotelBoth the dormitory and hotel is easily accessible by the tram (from the train station). There is a comfortable train connection from airports in Prague, Brno or Ostrava.
Ideal length of Visit3 days.
List of law-firms/firms/Institutions that the groups could visitHigh-guarded prison "Mírov", Department of Forensic Medicine and Medical Law of Palacky University, Chief Public Prosecutor's official seat, Hight court of the Czech Republic.
Draft Academic Programme
- 1st day – lecture with the Vice Dean of our faculty concerning medical law and human rights
- 2nd day – visit of the high-guarded prison “Mírov”
- 3rd day – optional – visit of other institutions